The League for Innovation in the Community College is pleased to announce that the 2019 Innovations Conference will be held February 24-27, in New York City. All conference events will take place at the New York Marriott Marquis. This event is hosted by Borough of Manhattan Community College, Guttman Community College, and LaGuardia Community College.
The Innovations Conference, now in its 21st year, is the foremost convening for professionals dedicated to improving and enhancing teaching and learning, leadership and management, and the community college experience. This international event provides a forum for collaboration among academic experts and thought leaders, while granting participants exclusive access to the most inventive and inspirational community college programs from around the world.
Opening General Session
Monday General Session
Tuesday General Session
Closing General Session
Yamilée Toussaint Beach
John Edward Roueche
|John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards|
New Communication and Fundraising Track
Provide valuable insights to your team around fundraising and donor engagement: A MUST for Institutional Advancement, Foundation, and Marketing leaders
Learn how other community colleges are achieving success. Register for this special track by contacting Judy Greenfield.
Learn how other community colleges are improving outcomes by using data insights to create deeper engagement with donors.
See real-life examples of campaigns that are driving results, including new tactics that increase response and conversion.
Join a panel discussion about public/private partnerships. Topics include what’s working, how to get started, biggest obstacles, and more.
- Learning and Teaching
- Leadership and Organization
- Workforce Preparation and Development
- Student Success
- Basic Skills and Developmental Education
- Lightning Talks engage participants via a series of 5-7 minute “lightning-fast” presentations
- Ignite Theater, where participants learn about featured products in the Exhibition Hall
- Engaging Keynote Speakers discussing critical issues facing community college educators
- John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards and recipient activities
- Innovation of the Year Awards recognition
- Hundreds of innovative and engaging breakout sessions
- An extensive Exhibition Hall featuring educational products and services
- Opportunities to exchange ideas with colleagues throughout the event
- 24-Hour Wireless Hotspot
New This Year
The League’s new event app* provides all the information you need for a rewarding conference experience. This interactive app allows you to explore Innovations Conference activities, create your own schedule, find information about exhibitors and sponsors, stay connected via social media, participate in participant games and challenges, and so much more.
Stay tuned! The app will be available in January 2019.
*The conference app replaces the printed conference program-guide to the exhibition. A downloadable PDF of the schedule will be available on the website for those who prefer a hard copy.
Hotel, Travel, Presenters, & Sponsors