After choosing a winning innovation according to its own guidelines, each League Board or Alliance college or district* submits its selection via the online application (see instructions below). One winning innovation will be accepted from each college/district.
Districts or systems with multiple colleges or campuses are also encouraged to email information about college-based finalists for the district award to Judy Greenfield, subject line "IOY Award Finalists." Please include the associated campus, innovation title, innovation description, and names of team members (institutional employees only).
Click here to learn how winning innovations and local finalists are recognized by the League.
*A district may hold League membership for all the colleges in the district; the overall winner selected from among the district colleges is the Innovation of the Year winner and the remaining college winners are local finalists. Similarly, a college may hold League membership, which extends to all its campuses; the overall college winner is submitted to the League and the remaining campus winners are the local finalists.
The Innovation of the Year primary contact is the only person from your institution who can access and submit the award application online and/or email finalist information. If you are not that person, please send these instructions to him/her. To learn the name of your college’s Innovation of the Year primary contact, or, if you are the primary contact and your institution has decided to designate someone else, email Judy Greenfield.
INNOVATION OF THE YEAR AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MARCH 31, 2021.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Online Submission of Winning Innovations
[Click here to download a print-friendly version of these instructions.]
1. Log into your account at www.league.org. (If you do not remember your username and/or password, click on “Forgot Password?” and enter your college/business address.) You will receive an email with your account credentials.
2. Once you are logged in, click the dropdown arrow next to “My Account” at the top, right of the page and select “Innovation of the Year Award Submission.”
3. Click on “Create New Submission.”
4. After carefully reading the information on the Instructions page, hit the “Next” button.
5. On the Details page, enter or select the following:
- Title (up to 100 characters)
- Description (up to 1,000 characters)
- Recognition (up to 300 characters)
6. On the Recipients page, click on the “Add New” button, then enter a recipient’s last name in the “Search for a Customer” field.
- If the recipient has a League account, his/her name will appear. Select the recipient's name and hit “Save.” (Recipients who have not yet created a League account will not appear in the list.)
- After you have selected all recipients available, hit “Next.”
- If you were unable to find recipients by using these instructions, contact Judy Greenfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-705-8200, ext. 200, prior to submitting.
- If you have to go back into the application to add recipients, click on the "Details" link on the Submission History page. Do not create a new submission.
7. Once all recipients are added to the application, confirm that all innovation details and recipient information is correct. This is important because the information will appear online and in related publications as submitted. You will not be able to edit your entry once you submit.
8. Hit the Submit tab to complete this process.
9. Upon submission, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive notification from our office, please follow up with Judy Greenfield to ensure that the submission was successful.
League Awards Program Ads
Participating colleges and systems are encouraged to submit an ad for inclusion in the League Awards program. The purpose of the ads is to highlight and congratulate Innovation of the Year and Excellence Award recipients from your college, and to bring attention to League Board and Alliance member institutions. Submissions may include photos of recipients and/or a special congratulatory message.