After choosing a winning innovation according to its own guidelines, each League Board or Alliance college or district* submits its selection via the online application. One winning innovation will be accepted from each college/district.
Districts or systems with multiple colleges or campuses are also encouraged to email information about college-based finalists for the district award to Kelly Dooling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn how winning innovations and local finalists are recognized by the League.
*A district may hold League membership for all the colleges in the district; the overall winner selected from among the district colleges is the Innovation of the Year winner and the remaining college winners are local finalists. Similarly, a college may hold League membership, which extends to all its campuses; the overall college winner is submitted to the League and the remaining campus winners are the local finalists.
The Innovation of the Year primary contact is the only person from your institution who can access and submit the award application online and/or email finalist information. If you are not that person, please send these instructions to him/her. To learn the name of your college’s Innovation of the Year primary contact, or, if you are the primary contact and would like to designate someone else as the key contact for this award, email Jeanne Jones.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to June 30.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Online Submission of Winning Innovations
[Click here to download a print-friendly version of these instructions.]
1. Log into your account at www.league.org. (If you do not remember your username and/or password, click on “Forgot Password?” and enter your college/business address.) You will receive an email with your account credentials.
2. Once you are logged in, click the drop-down arrow next to “My Account” at the top, right of the page and select “Innovation of the Year Award Submission.”
3. Click on “Create New Submission.”
4. Read the information on the Instructions page carefully.
5. On the Details page, enter or select the following:
- Title (up to 100 characters)
- Description (up to 1,000 characters)
- Recognition (up to 300 characters)
6. On the Recipients page, click on the “Add New” button, then enter a recipient’s last name in the “Search for a Customer” field.
- If the recipient has a League account, his/her name will appear. Select the recipient's name and hit “Save.” (Recipients who have not yet created a League account will not appear in the list.)
- After you have selected all recipients available, hit “Next.”
- If you were unable to find recipients by using these instructions, contact Jeanne Jones at email@example.com or 480-705-8200, ext. 234, prior to submitting.
- If you have to go back into the application to add recipients, click on the "Details" link on the Submission History page. Do not create a new submission.
7. Once all recipients are added to the application, confirm that all innovation details and recipient information is correct. This is important because the information will appear online, on Innovations Conference signage, and in related publications as submitted. You will not be able to edit your entry once you submit.
8. Hit the Submit tab to complete this process.
9. Upon submission, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive notification from our office, please follow up with Jeanne Jones to ensure that the submission was successful.