The League's Community Colleges and Public Health Project was launched in collaboration with the Framing the Future: The Second Hundred Years of Education for Public Health Task Force, convened by the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
- Riegelman Awards for Guided Learning Pathways to the Health Professions (deadline October 15, 2018)
- 2019 National Public Health Week Grants (dealine November 1, 2018)
- Community Colleges and Public Health Final Report (2014)
- Guide to Public Health and Health Navigation Education in Community Colleges (2015)
- Community Colleges and Public Health Webinars (2015)
- Community Colleges and Public Health Online Community Group
- Resources for Undergraduate Public Health Education
Phase 4: Creating a Community College Culture of Health
The League for Innovation in the Community College (League), in collaboration with the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH), aims to create a Community College Culture of Health. To launch this effort the League is encouraging community college students to hold events during National Public Health Week 2019 (April 1-7, 2019) which broadly focus on “Public Health: What It Is and How To Be Part of It.”
The League will provide up to 75 small grants to community college groups to support these activities. Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH), the association representing schools and programs of public health, and the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE), which represents health education specialists, will be involved in this initiative to spread the word about public health. The American Public Health Association (APHA) is the lead organization for National Public Health Week.
Click here to read summaries of Phases 1, 2, and 3.
Cynthia Wilson, Vice President, Learning, and Chief Impact Officer