Hosted by Maricopa County Community College District at The Falls Event Center.
Working Together for Student Success: Communication, Collaboration, and Breaking Down Silos
The June 18-19, 2019, Learning Summit theme centers on ways college teams can think differently about cross-college communication and collaboration to improve student learning and achievement. Participants will explore, within the context of their specific focus topic*:
- The contributions of various roles across the college in support of student learning and success;
- Opportunities for collaboration across divisions and departments to improve and expand student learning and achievement;
- Factors that inhibit communication and collaboration, and ways to overcome such barriers;
- Types of data that could or should be used to inform specific collaborative efforts around student learning and achievement;
- Techniques for helping students become more accountable for their own learning and success; and
- The relationship between professional development, new and ongoing initiatives, and the college’s strategic student learning and achievement goals.
*The Learning Summit is a working retreat for college teams to focus on improving and expanding learning at their institutions, and to accelerate progress on these efforts. Each college team is strongly encouraged to identify a specific project or initiative that will be its focus during the Summit. For example, your team may decide to plan a new or emerging initiative, redesign or strengthen an existing program or project, or reinvigorate a postponed or stalled effort. Although the Learning Summit is designed as a team event, individual representatives from community colleges are welcome to participate!
Hotel, Travel, and Sponsors