Harnessing the Power of Social Media Technology to Enhance Community College Student Success
Getting Connected was a three-year research project designed to increase understanding of issues relevant to the ability of social media technology to improve student engagement and increase student retention. The project was supported through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Community College Participants
Eight community colleges, selected through a national RFP process, implemented Schools App, a Facebook application, at their institutions in fall 2011 to better connect students to fellow students as well as to college programs, activities, support services, and personnel:
- Cuyahoga Community College, Ohio
- Laramie County Community College, Wyoming
- Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, California
- Maricopa Community Colleges, Arizona
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College, Arkansas
- Onondaga Community College, New York
- San Jacinto College District, Texas
- Western Technical College, Wisconsin
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- University of Arizona
- Claremont Graduate University
- Uversity, Inc.