Coordinator, Rochester Integrated SUNY Excels (RISE) Network (Full-Time Temporary Grant)
The RISE Network is a SUNY pipeline initiative which provides one-stop college preparation to improve college readiness and access to two and four year SUNY college degree completion for underprepared and at risk individuals in the greater Rochester area. The model encompasses the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC) and Monroe Community College’s (MCC) college preparation and community outreach programs and academic programs, along with the College at Brockport’s Institute for Poverty Studies and Economic Development and School of Education and Human Services.
The RISE Coordinator will support this new and innovative partnership, engaging participants in educational pathways that lead to increased college access and completion.
The SUNY RISE Network partners will develop targeted intervention strategies and implement programming to:
- Provide college preparation through academic services and tutoring
- Deliver support through case management, counseling, family engagement, and wrap-around services to strengthen life skills; and
- Establish pathways all the way to four-year degree completion through a ‘degree-in-place’ initiative at the downtown Rochester SUNY facilities.
The Coordinator will assist eligible participants at both the MCC Downtown Campus and REOC to achieve vocational and educational success by accessing services designed to prepare them for post-secondary education and employment. The Coordinator will develop academic plans for participants based on individual goals and identified needs, and will maintain formal relationships with program staff at partner institutions. The Coordinator will also ensure that each participant receives ongoing coaching/mentoring to support a successful outcome.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for reaching out, engaging, supporting and mentoring students as they pursue educational and career goals. The Coordinator reports to the Dean, Business & Community Engagement in conjunction with the RISE Director and works closely with the administration and staff at Brockport and REOC.
- Assist the RISE Director with marketing/outreach efforts, with an emphasis on recruitment, advisement and enrollment
- Ensure an intake and assessment process is completed for all individuals interested in enrolling in the program
- Assist participants with college admission, enrollment and financial aid processes
- Communicate program policies and procedures to participants
- Participate in outreach and recruitment activities to identify participants who can benefit from work force readiness services and verifies eligibility for service
- Develop and maintains rapport with each participant enrolled in the program
- Develop a Retention Plan
- Coordinate services of existing programs to meet the needs of each participant, by developing an Individual Service Strategy focused on educational and/or employment goals which identify specific targeted outcomes
- Monitor progress towards established goals and engage in problem solving activities as necessary to remove barriers toward progress
- Work with Career and Transfer Center to assist participants in developing job acquisition skills, including job search strategies, resume development, interview preparation, completion of job applications and general expectations for workplace dress and behavior
- Advocate for supportive services as needed to ensure participants can have their basic needs met such as access to transportation, childcare services, and clothing (uniforms)
- Maintain complete and accurate records regarding each participant, including documents supporting eligibility and contemporaneous documentation of services provided
- Prepare monthly reports as required by funding sources and/or management
- Attend all required college and project specific training workshops and meetings
- Responsible for adhering to the College Code of Conduct
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative College environment
- Responsible for maintaining technological competencies utilized by the College
- Commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Commitment to professional growth
- Earned bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, human services or closely related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Three years of experience in a similar field or demonstrated knowledge and experience providing case management services
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with technology
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials and constituents
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive environment on campus
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs
- Earned master’s degree in social work, counseling, human services or closely related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Experience working in a higher education setting with an understanding of the issues relating to diverse and underprivileged populations
- General experience with Academic Advising, Admission, Career Counseling or related areas
- Experience conducting community outreach and needs assessments.
- Familiar with the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center, Monroe Community College and/or The College at Brockport
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience in grant writing and management, program development, implementation and evaluation
To review special instructions and apply, please visit: http://jobs.monroecc.edu/postings/4418
Monroe Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, religion, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees or in any aspect of the business of the College.