Mechanical Technology, Faculty Member, Full-Time Temporary, Spring ’18
The Engineering Technology Department is seeking applicants for a full-time temporary faculty member in the Mechanical Technology program for the Spring 2018 semester. The temporary assignment will convert to a Full-Time Tenure-Track position in the Fall of 2018. The Mechanical Technology program is housed in the Engineering Technology Department along with Applied Integrated Technology, Construction Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, and Optical Systems Technology programs.
The department welcomes candidates who are committed to MCC’s mission of preparing diverse learners to achieve scholarly, professional, and individual success within a local and global context. In addition to excellent academic credentials, candidates should have a desire to work in a diverse and dynamic environment, be able to demonstrate a love of teaching, have a desire to create partnerships with local industry, and have the ability to design innovative learning experiences to explain technology concepts. Highly motivated candidates should also demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning and continuous improvement in the classroom.
- Responsible for adhering to the College Code of Conduct
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative College environment
- Responsible for maintaining technological competencies utilized by the College
- Commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Commitment to professional growth
- Earned bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Minimum of three years industrial experience
- Familiarity with computer skills/CAD and Excel/MS Office Suite
- Evidence of effective communication (interpersonal, speaking, and writing) skills.
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Earned master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Five years + experience working in Mechanical Engineering Field
- Previous teaching experience, especially with implementing a variety of teaching strategies
- Experience generating course curriculum and/or lab activities
- Experience generating fabrication prints utilizing Solid Modeling software and applying Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
The successful candidate will, in addition to teaching responsibilities, be willing to assist in the growth and improvement of the Mechanical Technology program as well as the Engineering Technology Department. These responsibilities include working with local industry to ensure relevant program content, master schedule management, and working as a liaison for workforce development training opportunities.
To review special instructions and apply, please visit: http://jobs.monroecc.edu/postings/4402
Monroe Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, religion, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees or in any aspect of the business of the College.