Student Services Assistant-Winter Haven
Student Services Assistant-Winter Haven
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This student support position reports to the Assistant Registrar and is an excellent opportunity for a role within the College's Student Services operations. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace.
About the Position:
Based on our Winter Haven campus, this full-time, regular position provides diverse clerical and administrative support work in a complex Admissions, Registration and Records department.
• Review admissions applications, determine credentials needed for admissions processing, prepare files and schedule student for
testing, orientation or program planning .
• Research and reactivate updated applications, update computer information.
• Process incoming transcripts and Assist in registration and graduation activities as needed .
• Provide Information to a variety of individuals relative to admissions, registration and graduation.
• Process applications test scores, final grade and transcript requests.
• Process student drops, withdrawals, petitions,subpoenas and incoming and outgoing transient student forms.
• Sort, distributes, and forwards incoming departmental mail as appropriate.
This position is a level C12 . Please see starting salary range below.
• The ability to establish an effective rapport with part-time and full-time faculty.
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• General office skills.
• Experience with computer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Good human relations skills.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
This position may require evenings and weekend work.
Graduation from a standard high school (or equivalent).
At least one (1) year of clerical and administrative support experience is required.
Experience in Higher education is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
• Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment. Education verification by a third-party for all stated degrees will be required upon job offer.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For Career or ProTech positions, uploading of unofficial transcripts for stated degrees is welcomed, but not required, during the application process.
• Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer .
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. The College prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its employment policies or practices, educational programs, or activities. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker, Director, Equity & Diversity (Title IX Coordinator),999 Avenue H, NE, Winter Haven, FL 33881 Office: WAD 227, 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378,email@example.com
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
10.54 - 11.44 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1351748
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.