Senior Financial Services Representative
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Senior Financial Services Representative supports the management and maintenance of routine accounting activities related to student financial accounts. This position is responsible for monitoring student financial obligations owed to the college and the general reconciliation of a number of accounts. This position works closely with other members of the Student Financial Services team, Financial Aid, and other college departments to ensure accurate student financial accounting.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Perform all fiscal functions related to student accounts, including, but not limited to, student and third party payments, adjustments, and refunds, to ensure charges are billed properly and payments are appropriately applied to student accounts.
• Set up student accounts receivable including invoicing, payment processing, and account reconciliation.
• Coordinate with the Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid to resolve questions related to student charges and payments.
• On a scheduled or as-needed basis, process student financial obligations for collection.
• Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date records within internal and external platforms for loan payments, scholarship awards and collections based on the rules and policies of the college.
• Properly apply holds to student accounts as needed.
• Provide assistance to department leadership during audits as needed.
• Recommend and process adjustments and/or refunds to student financial accounts.
• Process student scholarships awarded through outside sources.
• Process financial aid warrants.
• Assist students with outside entities for the student disbursement, third party scholarship, tuition payment plan, and external collection agencies to assure proper recording of transactions.
• Prepare journal entries for approval.
• Assist students, staff, agencies and/or vendors with inquiries involving the accounting system, payments, etc.
• Assist in the preparation and review of IRS Tax Form 1098-T each calendar year including providing assistance to student inquiries about the form.
• Perform ad hoc data compilation as needed.
• Correspond with students in person, by the phone and via email regarding financial obligations and the resolution process including management of the collections hotline, formulation of payment plan options and the thorough explanation of the consequences of not following through on payment agreements.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Bursar
Required: Associate degree and four years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work experience equal to six years.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance. Prior experience working within an accounting and/or finance function. Experience working in a higher education institution.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - Proven skills in identifying issues, developing creative solutions and options, and following through with implementing resolutions; able to make well-reasoned, sensible and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations and other factors.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must complete and submit the SF Employment Application, a resume and letter of intent through the job portal to be considered for this position. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public.
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.