Senior Business Solutions Analyst/Trainer
Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Director, ERP Solution Services provides functional guidance in the operation of the College’s application systems. Perform analytical tasks and activities related to developing and maintaining application systems to include conducting analyses of business processes and functions, developing system and application program requirements, developing specifications, and testing and implementing them in collaboration with users and technical staff. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst establishes efficient and effective processes related to Ellucian products and Third Party applications.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
2. Two years of experience in applications/systems programming and analysis, application programming for development and maintenance, procedural and/or object-oriented programming languages, working with relational databases.
3. Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
1. Knowledge of application software and the relationships that exist between different modules.
2. Ability to lead a team with minimal supervision.
3. Creative problem-solving skills for translating problems to solutions.
4. Understanding of the complexity of an integrated ERP system functionality and the relationship with associated systems.
5. Strong communication and analytical skills.
6. Formal training experience and/or database management expertise is preferred.
7. Dedication to providing excellent client service is essential.
8. Strong presentation, communication, organization and analytical skills.
1. Must be able to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m; Monday through Friday. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
3. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
To review posting and apply for this position: http://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7401
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Prince George's Community College supports and embraces cultural diversity, understood as the creation and promotion of an inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for everyone. We accept and value differences, including differences in age, race, national origin, ethnicity, religious affiliation, political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, and ability/disability. We strive for growth and success for all of our students, employees, business partners, and the community.