Records Assistant, Transcript Evaluator
Application Deadline: Monday, December 02, 2019
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary of $34,230.58 per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to the posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C4, Non-Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Transcript Evaluator is responsible to the Lead Transcript Evaluator. The position is charged with being familiar with and understanding academic policies, curriculum, common course numbering, and the statewide articulation agreements among The Florida College System and the State University System. The evaluator is also charged with having knowledge of academic and admission requirements for upper division programs within the State University System of Florida and the Florida College System.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Process and evaluate incoming college transcripts and external credits.
• Reference course information to determine if it’s equivalent to Santa Fe’s degree requirements.
• Advise students on degree requirements based on evaluations and help to resolve credit transfer issues.
• Communicate, collaborate and maintain relationships with internal and external community constituents, specifically Department Chairs and Directors.
• Prepare area reports and summaries and reply to inquiries using data and statistics.
• Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Lead Transcript Evaluator
Required: Associate degree and four years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A Bachelor’s degree in a related area with at least two years post-secondary student service experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must complete and submit the SF Employment Application, a resume and letter of intent through the job portal to be considered for this position. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.