Program Coordinator II, Americorps
Function of Position
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and refining appropriate structures, systems and activities for AmeriCorps member recruitment, selection, training, placement, supervision, evaluation, and recognition; and for assisting in the selection, training, monitoring, and evaluation of host sites and projects.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
• Refines and implements systems and carries out activities for AmeriCorps member recruitment, selection, enrollment, and placement
• Plans and implements systems for conducting and evaluating member training and development, including initial orientation and training, on-going training, and additional service learning opportunities; in conjunction with other staff and trainers, actively participates in implementing member development activities such as team building activities and reflective learning sessions
• Monitors member progress toward required hours, supports and counsels members, and intervenes in conflict situations when necessary.
• Conducts site visits to provide support, mentoring, coaching, encouragement, recognition, and problem identification and analysis to members
• Implements systems and carries out activities for evaluating member performance, and tracking program impact on members. Through approaches such as surveys, focus groups, and informal discussion, gathers and analyzes information from members regarding the challenges they face and how the program could better support them; develops strategies to address these factors and identify resources needed to maximize member retention
• Assists with the completion of program reports
• Gives input to and assists in the selection, training, monitoring, and evaluation of host sites and projects; attends meetings with host site representatives; works with the Program Director to resolve member placement issues
• Assists with planning and implementing evaluation systems for assessing progress toward project objectives; tracking program impact on service recipients, host sites and the community; and developing additional approaches to measuring program outcomes
• Processes and tracks requisition orders, personal service contracts, and other program paperwork
• Provides the Program Director with periodic updates on program enrollment, status of member placements and hours, work in progress, and projected work plan
• Communicates a full and clear understanding of the goals and outcomes of the program to a variety of audiences, including members, staff, volunteers, funders, host sites, the college community, and the media
• Carries out other duties as requested by the Program Director
• Responsible for adhering to the College’s Code of Conduct.
• Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative College environment.
• Responsible for maintaining technological competencies utilized by the College.
• Commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
• Commitment to professional growth
• Earned Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
• At least three years of related, full time (or equivalent part time) experience in a not-for-profit environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills (including public speaking ability and experience conducting meetings);
• The ability to support and motivate a diverse group of AmeriCorps members and promote their growth and leadership development;
• Ability to work with a diverse group of agency personnel;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills, accuracy with details, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload;
• Experience in counseling, job coaching, or group facilitation;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated commitment to supporting an inclusive environment and to the ethic of community service and volunteering;
• Evidence of a team-centered, participatory work style;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
• Familiarity with local human service agencies
• Earned Masters degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
• Successful completion of a term of AmeriCorps service
• Experience in outcome evaluation and training
To review special instructions and apply, please visit: https://jobs.monroecc.edu/postings/4834
Monroe Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, religion, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status or domestic violence victim status in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees or in any aspect of the business of the College. G654-18