ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This Program Coordinator position reports to the Director of Athletics and is an excellent opportunity within the College's athletic department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this professional position is responsible for the development and coordination of various college athletic programs and departmental operations, Primary responsibilities include regulatory compliance, fundraising for the College athletic programs, assistance with the student disciplinary process and the delivery of services that promote the academic success of our student athletes.
• Assists with NJCAA, Title IX, FERPA and college regulations compliance.
• Provides a variety of academic support services including advising, tutoring and graduation preparation.
• Assists with the development of gift events, endowments, in-kind solicitations, and donor cultivation related to the athletic program.
• Coordinates advertising sales for web and collateral materials for programs.
• Facilitates retail partnership development in the local market place (posters, schedules, banners, jerseys, etc.).
• Supervises athletic contests and scheduling as assigned, including providing for game security, facilities and equipment.
• Develops and facilitates youth athletic programs.
• Supervises event management as assigned.
• Coordinates athletic news releases and publicity with OCPA.
• Represents the College at various state conferences, national athletic meetings and seminars.
• Provides coaches and students with handbooks and manuals.
• Manages game cast for web viewing.
This position is a level P14 . Please see starting salary range below. To determine starting salary, Polk State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
• Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
• Instructional supervision experience in a public education setting.
• Knowledge of the Florida education system preferred.
• Knowledge of athletic program management, including FCCAA and NJCAA rules and regulations, coaching techniques, fundraising activities and student discipline / due process program.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of individuals within and outside of the college, frequently in professional and administrative positions.
• Ability to work independently on general assignments, with the responsibility for planning details of procedure and methods to obtain definite objectives and to make decisions within broad limitations of policy and professional standards.
• Experience in budgeting and fundraising.
• Knowledge of NJCAA, Title IX and FERPA regulations.
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
Two years of experience in athletic program work experience at the post-secondary level is required.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• a resume, and
• an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For most professional/salaried positions (P16 and below), uploading of unofficial transcript(s)(with confidential information redacted) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees.
• Foreign Transcripts: For staff positions where a degree is required, all international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.htmlcan be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Documentation Form and the DD-214) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; email@example.com.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
42,062.45 - 53,056.17 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1381141
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.