Program Assistant, Florida-Caribbean Louis Stokes Regional Center of Excellence (FL-C LSRCE)
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Florida-Caribbean Louis Stokes Regional Center of Excellence (FL-C LSRCE) is seeking a Program Assistant. Under the direction of the FL-C LSRCE Director, this position will assist with daily grant and research activities, establish and maintain communication with FL-C LSRCE stakeholders and increase FL-C LSRCE web visibility on social media, STEM Central and NSF INCLUDES networks. The Program Assistant will also update the FL-C LSRCE website; develop FL-C LSRCE publications such as newsletters, infographics, and material for FL-C LSRCE conferences and events.
The schedule for this position is variable and will have a maximum of 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
• Creates and collaborates on editorial and design work for publications to include FL-C LSRCE newsletters, annual report, infographics, research briefs, and other materials as needed (media releases, brochures, reports, working papers, conference materials, internal communication, flyers, etc.) which requires a basic statistical understanding and an ability to design visually appealing charts and graphs.
• Maintain FL-C LSRCE website content and design.
• As requested, takes digital photos of a variety of people and events, using Photoshop or comparable photo software to edit and manage them. Obtains copyright and audiovisual release forms as needed. Helps to augment and maintain the FL-C LSRCE photo database by ensuring proper storage and quick retrieval of digital and paper images and other media files.
• Engage with FL-C LSRCE Director and stakeholders to identify potential stories/updates to share with networks.
• Provide administrative support to the FL-C LSRCE Director including the maintenance of FL-C LSRCE calendars, preparation of correspondence, and other marketing materials.
• Respond to inquiries received from collaborators, stakeholders, NSF and LSAMP networks and social media in a timely and courteous manner.
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection related to the FL-C LSRCE research.
• Maintain confidentiality of student records and information obtained from data requests and research activities.
• Assist with the planning and logistics of the FL-C LSRCE annual conference and meetings (virtual and in-person).
• Operate standard office equipment (copier/fax machine/scanner).
• Assist with the communication/marketing supply ordering and inventory.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of college procedures and regulations as they pertain to FL-C LSRCE and college policies and daily grant operations.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Florida-Caribbean Louis Stokes Regional Center of Excellence (FL-C LSRCE)
Required: Associate degree and (4) four years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work experience equal to (6) six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
• Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, professional portfolio (or link to portfolio) and an up-to-date resume to be considered for this position. College transcripts (if applicable) should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.