Program Assistant - Chain of Lakes-CHS
Program Assistant - Chain of Lakes-CHS
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This career position reports to the high school Principal and is an excellent opportunity within the College's Chain of Lakes Collegiate High School on our Winter Haven campus. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
About the Position:
This career position performs responsible clerical and administrative support work in a high school program. This position assists in the daily operation of the school, providing advanced and diverse support work in high school student services. Responsibilities include assistance in support of the Personnel Evaluation Development System (PEDS) and Accountability documents as required by the Student Success Act.
• Assists the Principal and Assistant Principal in activities related to high school office operations.
• Prepares reports as required and maintains computer and paper file records in accordance with high school.
• Assists in supporting high school administration by assembling, preparing, tracking and transmitting documents in a timely manner for Polk District, FLDOE and AdvancED SACS reporting.
• Enters and maintains required participant/student information in secure external databases as required.
• Ensures task completions relative to department personnel, resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Organizes and implements a variety of administrative operational matters Maintains records, including working budget and draft reports, as required.
• Ensures smooth departmental operations, tracking student attendance. Coordinates meetings and works with others to process paperwork.
• Develops and maintains electronic spreadsheets of database data.
• Assists in verification of data for FEFP database reporting including student information. Modifies and executes FEFP programs and runs queries.
• Consults with, and coordinates the needs of the Principal to establish the priorities of the enrollments, registration and scheduling operations.
• Maintain admissions and enrollment statistics and provide status and achievement reports to administrators and college personnel.
• Facilitate PERT testing. Work with college employees to plan testing dates &/or issuing testing tickets. Maintain spreadsheets u with correct test data.
• Assist in Student Scheduling
• Conducts all admission activities with the highest integrity and business ethics while adhering to local charter lottery guidelines and district, state & federal regulations
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• The ability to establish an effective rapport with part-time and full-time faculty and staff.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• General office skills and proficiency in standard business practices and etiquette
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience with computer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
High school graduate (or equivalent).
Two or more years of administrative support experience is required.
Work experience in a K-12 environment is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• a resume, and
• an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Staff Transcripts: For career positions (C10-C18), an undergraduate degree is not required. However, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) (with confidential information redacted) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees.
• Foreign Transcripts: For staff positions where a degree is required, all international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.htmlcan be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer for all stated degrees.
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Documentation Form and the DD-214) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 1, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
13.87 - 15.05 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1378906
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.