Manager, Systems and Datacenter
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Manager, Systems and Datacenter directs, manages, and is responsible for all functions of the Systems & Networking team.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
• Provides leadership and direction to the Systems & Networking team daily. Serves as the overarching project manager on all initiatives, allocating team schedules and prioritizing requests. Reviews initiatives and provides feedback and guidance on more challenging issues that arise.
• Performs Human Resources related duties for the team, including and not limited to staffing and employee relations, training and development, performance appraisals, and compensation.
• Researches trends and technology in Systems & Networking related areas. Makes Systems & Networking recommendations to meet Santa Fe College’s current and future needs.
• Researches and recommends vendors to ensure timely and cost sensitive proposals and purchases.
• Analyzes needs related to acquisitions of servers and hardware and recommendations regarding appropriate purchases.
• Ensures documentation of systems, resources, and activities in Systems & Networking, either through personal completion or completion by a team member.
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management, Business or a related field or eight (8) years of previous, progressive equivalent work experience for candidates with a high school diploma and some college. Advanced-level computer skills in Microsoft Office products. Experience with the following programs and tools: Office 365, WebSphere, Windows Server, Windows desktop operating systems, Windows Administration Tools, including Active Directory (AD), Data Center Virtualization and Infrastructure technologies.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Experience with the following programs and tools: SQL, DB2, DNS, FIM, SAN, PowerBlades, Blade Center, Brocade Switches.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
• Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures, collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts, identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
• Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts (if applicable) to be considered for this position. College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.