LABORATORY ASSISTANT-Winter Haven
LABORATORY ASSISTANT-Winter Haven
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This career support position reports to the Dean of Academic Affairs on our Winter Have campus and is an excellent opportunity within the College's Academic Affairs department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
About the Position:
This is a full-time career position in the department of the Dean of Academic Affairs on the Winter Haven campus. The position is primarily responsible for a wide range of support duties in the preparation and maintenance of biological and physical science student labs.
• Oversees the set-up of lab equipment.
• Cleans laboratory glassware.
• Replenishes consumable supplies in each lab.
• Oversees the cleanup of labs after each session is completed.
• Prepares chemical solutions.
• Disposes dissectible specimens and microbiological cultures.
• Calculates student laboratory fees for science classes with a laboratory or field trip component.
• Purchases all supplies for science labs on the Winter Haven campus.
This position is a level C15 . Please see starting salary range below.
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• The ability to establish an effective rapport with part-time and full-time faculty and staff.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• General office skills and proficiency in standard business practices and etiquette.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work alone when necessary.
• Experience with computers, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Ability to set up and operate standard laboratory equipment is preferred.
• Autoclave operations skills preferred.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Other requirements based on program.
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in biology or a physical science is preferred.
Two (2) years of related experience is required.
Experience and familiarity with college laboratory operations is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
• Unofficial transcripts are also required to be uploaded for all salaried (Professional/Technical, Administrative, & Executive) and instructional positions.
• Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment, including third party Education Verification.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcripts is welcomed, but not required, during the application process. However, official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Valparisa Baker, Director, Equity & Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator), 999 Avenue H, NE, Winter Haven, FL 33881, Office: WAD 227, 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
13.87 - 15.05 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1356153
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.