HVAC Trades Helper
Application Deadline: Monday, October 28, 2019
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary of $28,620.80 per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to the posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C1, Non-Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The HVAC Trades Helper assists the HVAC Mechanics in the service, maintenance, and repair of the HVAC equipment for Santa Fe College.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Assist HVAC Mechanics with maintenance and repair work on commercial and residential HVAC systems including, but not limited to, air handlers, water pumps, cooling towers, ice machines, pneumatics and digital controls, refrigeration equipment, boilers, and chiller units.
• Assist with change out of motors on HVAC equipment and help fabricate parts for units as needed.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance work on HVAC equipment including changing filters, belts, oil, etc. Also includes cleaning coils and drain pans to provide a safe indoor environment and prolong the life of equipment.
• Assist with service and perform preventative maintenance on air compressors for controls on air handling units.
• Help with the installation of HVAC equipment.
• Follow complex directions with attention to detail and know how to use job related hand tools.
• Work from aerial lift and elevated platforms.
• Maintain records for repairs performed by completing work orders and other paper work.
• Pick up parts from supply houses as needed for repairs.
• Clean and organize equipment and mechanical rooms to maintain a safe work environment.
• Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and standards.
• May help with set-ups for school related functions.
• Assist other trades as needed.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: HVAC Supervisor
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Additional Requirements: Applicants must have a valid Florida Driver License and be authorized to drive for the college (Driving Requirements). A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Previous storeroom experience. Forklift certification or safety training certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
• Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from students and faculty in the lab, demonstrating patience and persistence when helping students with little or no computer skills.
• Systems & Software – proficient level using computer and applicable software applications.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application through the job portal to be considered for this position. Proof of high school completion or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.