Full Time Nursing Clinical Instructor
Full Time Nursing Clinical Instructor
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State College, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This professional, full time, tenure track faculty position plays a key role in our college and student success. In addition to excellent academic programs, we offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your professional growth and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State!
About the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the primary role of this full time instructional position is to provide college level instruction and instruction-related activities designed to encourage, support and enable students' success in the clinical environment. Working for Polk State College, you join a talented and dedicated academic community as they prepare tomorrow's leaders.
• Instruct and supervise students' clinical performance in accordance with published course and clinical expectations.and expectations of clinical facilities to which assigned.
• Work with the nursing department administration and other faculty and staff as appropriate to assess and modify course and program goals, objectives, methods and content.
• Conduct on-going evaluation of student progress and maintain records of student clinical performance.
• Prepare and submit grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
• Conduct class evaluations and complete other college evaluations in accordance with college policy.
• Maintain a high level of expertise in the subjects taught.
• Support relations with staff of clinical facilities.
• Travel to clinical facilities both in county and out-of-county required.
• Must meet requirements of clinical facility to which assigned.
The compensation (pay level) for this position is based upon the degree level attained and years of experience in the specific discipline (Step 10 is the maximum step for an incoming faculty member). Please review the Polk State College Salary Schedule https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/pscexternal/EmploymentListings/Emp... to ensure our pay ranges are within your compensation expectations.
A. Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
B. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
C. Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of community college students.
D. Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
E. Ability to communicate effectively in writing, and orally with a variety of audiences in a variety of settings.
F. Ability to make professional judgments within defined parameters of policy and professional standards.
A master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited (or equivalent) institution of higher education or currently enrolled in master's program with completion of the degree before the start of classes. An active, unrestricted Florida RN license
Master's degree in medical-surgical nursing
At least two years of experience as RN in a hospital setting
Teaching experience is preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in community or state college teaching and assessment. Familiarity with distance education delivery methods is desirable.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of five (5) documents:
• a cover letter,
• your resume/CV,
• the Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections completed in full,
• unofficial transcripts (with degree and date conferred - see instructions below), and
• a statement of teaching philosophy, not to exceed one double-spaced typed page.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, third-party education verification, and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
• UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: When uploading unofficial transcripts, please redact any of the following items which appear on the transcript: Social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation. Unofficial transcripts for required degree must contain the date conferred.
• Foreign Transcripts: Faculty with international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.html can be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offe r.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
The deadline to apply for this job opening is by 8:00am on Monday, February 6, 2019. Applicants will be notified by Human Resources if additional documentation is required.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; email@example.com.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
52,021.10 - 57,727.50 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1376586
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.