Director, Information Technology Services
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary is based on the competency level and experience of the employee as defined in the career path matrix of the Salary Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Information Technology Personnel, Pay Grade H, Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32606
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Director, Information Technology Services is responsible for all activities relating to the design, development, maintenance and integration of Santa Fe College’s in-house developed enterprise application and all database systems. The position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and is accountable for delivering end-to-end technology solutions. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership skills, an understanding of working with diverse teams, hands-on technical capabilities, a knack for effectively managing technology to meet academic and business goals and the ability to manage a large workload, while producing quality work in a fast-pace environment with interruptions and deadlines. The Director should have a strong background in software development and be comfortable working closely with the technical and client sides of product development.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
• Serves as the overarching project manager on all application development initiatives, allocating team schedules and prioritizing requests.
• Reviews project specifications, designs, codes, and provides feedback & guidance on more challenging issues that may arise.
• Analyzes complex business needs presented by the Santa Fe College user community and recommends technical solutions.
• Creates, maintains, and enforces standards and procedures that ensure the consistency and sustainability of existing applications.
• Meets with users and stakeholders as needed to understand their applications needs and works in conjunction with the IT team to develop project specifications, prioritizing requests as needed.
• Lead diverse product development teams including software & data developers, coordinators, report writers and quality assurance analysts.
• Provides leadership and direction to the Application Development team.
• Assists the CIO to recruit and retain a diverse team of IT talent
• Performs Human Resource related duties for the team, including and not limited to staffing and employee relations, training & development, leave requests, payroll certifications, and compensation.
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecyle principles. Knowledge in modern software technologies, such as, but not limited to Java, .Net and C# or equivalent. A criminal background check will be conducted.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field. The following skills are preferred: IBM Rational Business developer, Rational Team Concert, SQL Server Management Studio, WebSphere Application Server and Angular or other front-end frameworks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Ability to remain calm, exercise good judgement, respond swiftly, effectively, and appropriately to emergency and high stress situations.
• Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, certifications (if applicable), as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.