Application Deadline: Friday, September 20, 2019
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is $47,498.66 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Technical/Professional, Pay Grade C, Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building R, Room 227, Gainesville, Florida, 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Santa Fe College’s Counseling Center is seeking a Counseling Specialist to provide mental health counseling to college students with a variety of personal, academic, and career concerns. The Counseling Center provides short-term, solution-focused counseling, crisis intervention, and community resource referrals. Counselors participate in SF’s Trauma Response Team, as well as consult with faculty and staff. The Counseling Center also provides workshops, training, presentations, and outreach for both students and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide mental health counseling to students with personal, career, and academic concerns.
• Provide crisis intervention services during the workday.
• Conduct psycho-educational training for students, faculty, and staff.
• Provide outreach throughout the college community.
• Serve as a consultant to college faculty, staff, and students.
• Serve on college-wide committees on behalf of the Counseling Center.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Advisement Center and the Career Exploration Center.
• Maintain timely and professional written communication in record keeping, emails, and reports.
• Refer students to relevant campus and community resources.
• Strictly honor the confidentiality, privacy, and security of student records and other sensitive information according to state, federal, and college regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, Counseling Center
Required: A Master’s degree in Counseling or a relevant field with an active State of Florida license as a Mental Health Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Psychologist.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: At least two (2) years of mental health counseling experience is preferred. Experience working directly with college students, knowledge of community resources, and crisis intervention experience are also preferred. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Multi-task – able to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Systems & Software – able to proficiently use Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, a copy of their Florida license to practice psychotherapy, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.