Coordinator, Financial Aid Client Services
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Financial Aid at Santa Fe College assists students and their families by providing financial assistance to help cover educational expenses and related costs. Financial Aid receives, processes and disburses various types of financial aid, including grants, loans and scholarships based on federal, state and college policy. The Office of Financial Aid is seeking a Coordinator to assist the Director with the administration and management of student client services to ensure targeted performance goals are achieved and maintained.
The Financial Aid Client Services Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, management and supervision of the Financial Aid student services operations, including front desk operations, Financial Aid phone inquiries, and student complaints, ensuring exceptional customer service to a diverse community of students. The Coordinator also serves as a Financial Aid liaison for college events and other outreach activities involving financial aid.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Supervise, onboard and train financial aid representatives.
• Provide leadership, oversight and direction for financial aid’s client services representatives and/or specialists.
• Remain well-informed on all current federal, state and institutional regulations and policies including those regarding information privacy and security.
• Provide up-to-date, accurate, and complete information to students and parents in person, via phone, e-mail, or chat, especially during peak service times.
• Coordinate with campus partners for compliance with Title IV consumer information disclosures.
• Assist in all areas of Financial Aid, such as financial literacy education and student complaint escalation.
• Assist with the oversight of annual federal and state audits to ensure compliance in all consumer-related areas.
• Coordinate, attend and track outreach efforts, particularly with local high school Financial Aid Night and community events.
• Arrange financial aid cross-training to other campus partners and provide updates when appropriate.
• Prepare and compile reports, as necessary.
• Develop working relationships with internal and external partners.
• Serve on division and college-wide committees.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Financial Aid
Required: A Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years of closely related experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to six (6) years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Demonstrated public speaking, training and/or presentation experience is highly recommended, as well as proficient technology skills. Call center experience is also encouraged. Knowledge of financial aid processes such as the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
• Multi-cultural - Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, and an up-to-date resume to be considered for this position. College transcripts (if applicable) should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.