Coordinator, College Information Center
Coordinator, College Information Center
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This career position reports to the Director, Student Enrollment Services/Registrar and is an excellent opportunity within the College's admissions department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
About the Position:
This career position serves as the primary coordinator of the Information Center's daily operations, including oversight of staff activities. Provides responsible administrative and clerical duties in support of other departmental functions, including admissions, registration and record keeping.
• Assists the Director in activities related to College, departmental, and office operations.
• Responsible for special projects and assignments as requested by the Director and Data Analysts.
• Prepares reports as required and maintains computer and paper file records in accordance with College policies.
• Supports meetings through meeting coordination, room and telephone reservations, and preparation of meeting minutes as requested by the Director.
• Enters and maintains required participant/student information in secure external databases as required.
• Maintains expert user-knowledge of Genesis as it relates to projects at hand.
• Responds to Departmental emails and serves as the department expert with Chat software.
• Ensures task completions relative to department personnel, resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Maintains expert knowledge of the student onboarding process including the catalog, the GPS, and the Orientation.
• Assists Director in the coordination of staff. Ensures smooth departmental operations of the information center staff, tracking staff attendance and time sheet timeliness and training as required.
• Directs the work of the information center staff to assist in special project needs.
• Consults with, and coordinates the needs of the Director to establish the priorities of the office operation.
• Interacts with state agents regarding FLEID, FASTER (transcript exchange) and FloridaShines and other services as it relates to projects at hand.
This position is a level C15.
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Proven customer service skills
• The ability to establish an effective rapport with students, faculty, and staff.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• General office skills and proficiency in standard business practices and etiquette
• Ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Leadership skills
High school graduate (or equivalent).
A college degree or college coursework is preferred.
At least three years of administrative and clerical support experience, including at least 6 months of experience in a college or university student services department.
• Experience working with an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system is preferred.
• Experience working in a Registrar of Admissions department at a college of university is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
• a resume, and
• an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For most professional/salaried positions (P16 and below), uploading of unofficial transcript(s)(with confidential information redacted) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees.
• Foreign Transcripts: For staff positions where a degree is required, all international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about http://www.naces.org/members.htmlcan be obtained at the NACES® http://www.naces.org/index.html.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Documentation Form and the DD-214) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
13.87 - 15.05 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1369176
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.