Contact Center Representative
Application Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $28,620.80. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C1
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida, 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Contact Center Representative assists students, faculty, and staff with a broad range of support regarding Admissions, Records and Financial Aid primarily via phone and online. This position is also responsible for educating students on the appropriate policies and procedures for enrollment.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Screen inquiries by telephone, email, and chat for departmental assistance regarding Admissions, Records, and Financial Aid. Resolve basic inquiries independently and conduct referrals when resolution requires in-depth expertise from these technical service areas at the College.
• Make coordinated use of Customer Relationship Management software (also known as Call or Contact Center software), the College’s website, and Contact Center reference materials to provide up-to-date, accurate, and complete information on demand.
• Provide assistance to students in completing required documents for enrollment and financial aid applications.
• Provide technical support for students encountering registration issues.
• Provide immediate information and updates regarding inquiries about college events and processes.
• Conduct follow up correspondence in efforts to resolve inquiries.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Contact Center Manager
Required: High school diploma or equivalent and six months of related work experience in a contact/call center with two years of customer service experience.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job. Able to effectively communicate information and ideas, speaking and writing in terms understandable to others.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – Highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Multi-cultural- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – Able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – Able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – Able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Systems & Software - Proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – Able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
• Critical Thinking & Judgement - Able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and other factors.
• Confidentiality - Able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
• Active Listening – Able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Comprehension – Able to listen, read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and through spoken words and sentences.
• Ability to remain calm, exercise good judgement, respond swiftly, effectively, and appropriately to emergency and high stress situations.
Application Process: : All applicants must submit a completed SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, as well as an up-to-date resume through the job portal to be considered for this position. College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. If you do not have college transcripts, you must upload your high school diploma or equivalent as unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.