Associate Director, Athletics
Application Deadline: Friday, July 31, 2020
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $51,543.24. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Technical/Professional, Paygrade PT6, Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building V, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Santa Fe College is seeking an Associate Athletics Director responsible for overseeing the fitness center, coordinating intramurals, managing sports information, supervising staff, organizing game operations, assessing outcomes and assisting with intercollegiate athletics. This position also contributes to the overall success of the department by performing all essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Oversee the SF Fitness Center.
• Coordinate and oversee intramural sport offerings.
• Coordinate sports information and webcasting for the department.
• Coordinate the development and upkeep of the Athletics webpage and social media presence, including staying current with web trends and multimedia solutions that can enhance the Athletics Department reputation.
• Coordinate intercollegiate athletic games and manage the athletic facility.
• Write clear, creative and clean sports copy in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with the Athletic Director to follow National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) eligibility and scholarship procedures and meet all deadlines.
• Work with the Athletic Director to assess program outcomes and student learning outcomes.
• Supervise the fitness center manager, office workers, student employees and interns.
• Engage in general office activities and management.
• Work with departmental payroll issues.
• Work evening and weekend hours.
• Engage in departmental travel.
• Complete duties and responsibilities in compliance with all standards, policies, and guidelines.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Athletics
Required: Master’s degree with two (2) years of relevant experience is required.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Master’s degree with three (3) years of experience in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Multi-Cultural – able to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. The letter of intent must describe your interest in working as an Assistant Athletic Director at Santa Fe College and explain the skills, strengths and experience you would bring to this position. College transcripts are required for any college coursework. If you do not have college coursework, proof of high school completion or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.