Associate Dean of Academic Affairs-Lakeland
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs-Lakeland
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. Reporting to the Dean of Academic Affairs on our Lakeland campus, this position provides support to all academic operations and is an excellent opportunity to promote and improve the academic success of our students. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides support to academic programs and departmental operations, working primarily with adjunct faculty management. This includes recruitment, orientation, staffing, and evaluations. It requires the analysis of complex problems, planning of various interrelated activities, and the coordination of multiple projects or functions. The position requires major decision making, data compilations and interpretation, usage of multi-media resources, and the development of recommendations to senior administrators intended to help ensure the success of the academic function.
• Working with the Campus Academic Dean, provides general academic program support to the college campus
• Assists in the developing, reviewing and analyzing of policies and procedures to reflect the practices of the campus and the institution
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring, observing, evaluating, scheduling and, and supervising of adjunct faculty in collaboration with department coordinators and program directors
• Assists the Dean with the evaluation of adjunct instructor credentials and keeps a referral file
• Develops and supports adjunct faculty development opportunities in coordination with academic support services (including new adjunct orientation)
• Assists in developing and maintaining the mentoring program for adjunct faculty
• Assists and supports the Dean with program evaluation and monitoring programs
• Maintains, organizes, evaluates, and manages outcomes assessment plans for the campus
• Participates in strategic planning initiatives (SPOL) including student retention activities
• Acts as academic campus administrator during the evening hours of 5-7pm, Monday through Thursday.
• Assists the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs and the Provost with institutional and campus based projects
• Assists in the SACS accreditation process
This position is a level P17. To determine starting salary, Polk State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
• Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing with a variety of constituents of considerable importance within and outside of the college.
• Ability to work independently with the responsibility for planning details and methods to obtain definite objectives and to make decisions within broad limitations of policy and professional standards.
• Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a masters degree in a discipline within the Associate Dean's area of responsibility.
Doctorate degree preferred in Educational Leadership, Higher Education Administration, or discipline within area of responsibility
Two (2) years full-time teaching experience in a discipline within the area of responsibility and two (2) years full-time higher education administrative experience is required
Five years teaching and leadership experience at the 2-year college level is preferred
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
• Unofficial transcripts are also required to be uploaded for all salaried (Professional/Technical, Administrative, & Executive) and instructional positions.
• Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment, including third party Education Verification.
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcripts is welcomed, but not required, during the application process. However, official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer .
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; email@example.com.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
55,928.24 - 72,071.24 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1372197
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.