Assistant Professor, Nursing (Psychiatric Mental Health, Med/Surg)
Application Deadline: Monday, March 09, 2020
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is based on rank and applicable steps for related work experience as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to the posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time Faculty, 9-Month Exempt, Career & Technical Education, Continuing Contact (Tenure Track).
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building W, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Nursing Programs at Santa Fe College provide quality nursing education that is student-oriented, accessible to a diverse student population, and based on the healthcare needs of our community. Currently, Nursing Programs offers three degree programs including a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN), as well as the Licensed Practical Nursing to Associate of Science in Nursing Bridge program. Additionally, Nursing Programs offers postsecondary adult vocational courses for Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Practical Nursing which prepare students for better career opportunities. All of the programs within Health Sciences’ Nursing Programs are accredited by the Southern Association of Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). In addition to regional accreditation, the BSN program is accredited nationally by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the ASN by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and the Practical Nursing program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
Nursing Programs is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor, Nursing faculty member to provide didactic, lab and/or clinical nursing instruction across a broad range of settings, including a variety of diagnoses and multiple medical specialties focusing on the dynamics of psychiatric/mental health and medical surgical nursing. Secondary instructional duties within other nursing discipline areas, including associated clinical sessions are required.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Deliver instruction in didactic, lab and clinical settings to promote student success.
• Participate in planning, organizing and developing curriculum for the Nursing Programs.
• Supervise, evaluate and mentor students in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings.
• Appropriately document student progress in clinical sessions.
• Proctor exams for the Nursing Programs.
• Participate in departmental and team meetings.
• Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to student success and excellence in undergraduate education.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule at multiple sites.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chair, Nursing Programs
Required: Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing with a current active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license is required. Current clinical experience along with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certification are required.
Additional Requirements: Documentation of immunizations and health screening are required. A criminal background check and drug screening will be conducted.
Preferred: Relevant teaching experience and the ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
• Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
• Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, applicable certifications, teaching philosophy, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. The letter of intent must describe your interest in working as the Assistant Professor of Nursing at Santa Fe College and explain the skills, strengths and experience you would bring to this position. Additionally, current letters of recommendation are strongly valued as part of our application review process and therefore applicants are encouraged to upload (3) three letters of recommendation with their other required application materials. However, the (3) three letters of recommendation are required before an employment offer is extended. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.