Administrative Clerk P/T-Lakeland
Administrative Clerk P/T-Lakeland
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This administrative position reports to the Department Head and is an excellent opportunity within the College's academic department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position provides performs administrative clerical work of a semi-routine nature in a college office environment. Work activities generally follow established administrative clerical work of a semi-routine nature. Follows procedures within a well defined field under direct supervision.
• Generally provides administrative and clerical support to the department.
• Maintain office inventory of supplies, and purchase office supplies.
• Process all incoming mail.
• Maintain offices files and records.
• Prepare business forms for processing.
• Provide telephone coverage, route calls, take messages and provide information to callers.
• Assist department members with forms, procedures, typing, and data entry.
• Key operator for large copier and maintain supplies and report service needs.
• Provide back-up assistance for Administrative Assistant.
• All other administrative duties as assigned.
This position is a level C11 . Please see starting salary range below.
• The ability to establish an effective rapport with part-time and full-time faculty, staff and students.
• Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• General office skills.
• Experience with computer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Good human relations skills.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work under direct supervision with minimal guidance.
Graduation from a standard high school (or equivalent).
At least 1 year of clerical, administrative or office support experience is required.
Experience in higher education is preferred.
We offer part time benefits for this position which include 50% fee waivers and retirement eligibility.
• Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
• Unofficial transcripts are also required to be uploaded for all salaried (Professional/Technical, Administrative, & Executive) and instructional positions.
• Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
• Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment, including third party Education Verification. .
• Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcripts is welcomed, but not required, during the application process. However, official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
• Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
• Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer .
• Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the https://polkstatecareers.silkroad.com/map_images/main/SiteGen/PSCexterna... apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
• Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
• This position will close at 8:00a.m. on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker; Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
9.65 - 10.47 USD
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1370334
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.