Academic Assistant, Nursing
The Academic Assistant provides direct administrative support to an Academic Chair or Director and assists with the general coordination of day-to-day office operations including providing customer service, maintaining schedules, coordinating meetings, textbook ordering, faculty loading, general bookkeeping, and other administrative support tasks. This position also provides faculty and student assistance and may supervise the work of others.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to inquiries, resolve issues based on established college policies, and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
• Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials.
• Organize and facilitate meetings and special events by scheduling and coordinating dates and times, making facility arrangements, taking attendance, and preparing agendas and minutes.
• Perform various duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules and coordinate travel arrangements when appropriate.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of faculty load sheets, development and maintenance of course schedules, and collection of syllabi and faculty office hours.
• Assist in the resolution of student issues based on pre-determined college policies or department practices.
• Manage payroll functions including the submission and audit of timesheet entries for staff, faculty, and work-study employees and processing appointments for adjunct faculty.
• May coordinate the adjunct faculty department orientation process.
• Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to program/department budget, which includes tracking purchases and expenditures and may include assisting in the budget development process.
• Facilitate, monitor, and/or oversee department purchasing, inventory, and requisitioning of supplies and equipment, which may include the coordination of textbook orders.
• Prepare special reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries by compiling data and statistics from various departmental resources.
• Maintain accurate databases.
• Assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area webpage.
• May instruct and oversee the activities of work-study employees.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of special events, which may include logistics, contracts, hospitality, staffing, etc.
• Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Chair, Nursing Programs
Required: Associate degree and four years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work experience equal to six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
• Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
• Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must complete and submit the SF Employment Application, a resume and letter of intent through the job portal to be considered for this position. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public.
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.