Volume 9, Number 10
(Printer Friendly Version)
iStream: Innovation at Your Fingertips
iStream is a powerful, web-based professional development tool for administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The many resources available through iStream are selected and designed to foster online discussions, provide easy access to a variety of elearning experiences, and support professional development for college personnel. iStream users have quick, easy access to a wealth of resources. Take a look at some of the innovative ways current subscribers are using this web-based resource and professional development tool.
- “The college offers monthly prizes for the most innovative way to use iStream for faculty, staff, and students resources to meet learning needs.” Miami-Dade College
Previously Featured Ways to Use iStream
- “The iStream monthly promotional emails are incorporated into the college digital newsletter for reference and resource development.” Cuyahoga Community College
- “We use the LENS Instructional Evaluation (Module 6) as an introduction to faculty classroom assessment strategies.” Louisiana Community and Technical College System
- “Faculty receive formalized and equated professional development credits for attending training sessions where Keynotes are streamed, Thoughtful Topic subjects are discussed, and League publications are shared for reference and resource.” Anne Arundel Community College
- “The iStream highlights are incorporated into the college’s monthly newsletter to faculty and staff, with a quote on a favorite topic of interest.” Dallas County Community College District
- “The iStream multimedia keynotes are incorporated into the college’s Leadership Development Academy curriculum.” El Paso Community College
- “We copy Leadership Abstracts, Learning Abstracts, or Educational Pathways articles, save them as MS Word documents, and send them out to faculty development workshop participants as advance readings.” Maricopa Community College District
- “iStream has been included as research material in library discussions with faculty and staff working on graduate courses.” Monroe Community College
- “We use the digital publications to host faculty and staff college book clubs, and use our internal email exchange as a discussion board.” Richland College
- “iStream is used to deliver technology-focused workshops and orientation for faculty and staff during the college in-service training. The variety of novice (login/search functions) to expert (webinars/iPod downloads) users makes it a valuable training tool and resource.” Lane Community College
- “We use the LENS Module 6, Instructional Evaluation, as an introduction to faculty classroom assessment strategies.” Louisiana Community and Technical College System
- “Our college has created a custom e-learning adjunct faculty module with iStream content that is updated monthly with new resources.” Anne Arundel Community College
- “Our college has been promoting the use and advance of the iStream/MITE/iPod content modules for specific departments to include as content resources for students.” Butler Community College
- “We have challenged our staff development leadership to incorporate iStream resources—conference keynotes, special sessions, and themed monthly updates—to cut back on funding our annual outsource training services and reach broader audiences.” El Paso Community College
- “iStream is introduced to new faculty and employees during orientation programs to highlight the unique mission and focus of community college in higher education. Many new faculty and staff are working at community colleges for the first time, and this experience introduces and emphasizes the breadth and depth of the community college student service mission.” Cuyahoga Community College
- “The library hosts a series of faculty and staff thematic workshops on organizational success, developmental education, human resources in higher education, and we use the LENS materials, monthly updates, online publications, and webinars to enhance specific department resources and references.” Delta College
For more information about iStream, contact Wendy Neil at email@example.com or visit http://www.league.org/istreamsite/info_form.cfm.
Check back next month for a new and innovative way to incorporate iStream into your institution.