Volume 9, Number 5
(Printer Friendly Version)
Mark Your Calendars for Innovations 2009
March 15-18, 2009
Grand Sierra Resort
It’s time to start planning for the Innovations 2009 conference, and the League for Innovation in the Community College is pleased to announce the 12th annual conference to be held March 15-18, 2009.
Join us in Reno-Tahoe, where business and adventure share a common address. Experience the convenience of a conference held at a luxury destination hotel. Gaze upon snow-capped peaks to the west and sun-textured sagebrush mountains to the east. Enjoy the arts district, located along the beautiful Truckee River, golf at one of 40 different courses, or “think white” at 10,000 ft. on the slopes among the host of world-class ski resorts. Reno-Tahoe is truly America’s Adventure Place.
The League for Innovation invites proposals to present at the Innovations 2009 conference. Submit your proposal online at http://www.league.org/i2009/CFP/. The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, September 19, 2008.
Innovations Streams. The Innovations conference incorporates ideas, initiatives, and inspirations from eight major streams into the broader conference goal of encouraging and facilitating student and organizational learning through innovation, experimentation, and institutional transformation:
- Learning and Teaching
- Leadership and Organization
- Workforce Preparation and Development
- Student Services and Activities
- Basic Skills and Developmental Education
- Resource Development and Foundation Management
- Research, Assessment, and Accountability
- Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
Major Events and Opportunities at Innovations 2009
- More than 2,000 participants exchanging the latest innovative practices in community colleges
- Learning Center Courses on leading-edge topics granting continuing education units
- Extensive exhibition of educational resources and services from League Corporate Partners
- Engaging keynotes, forums, special sessions, and poster sessions addressing critical issues facing community college educators
- Roundtable Discussions offering a more personal setting for exchanging ideas
- Email and Internet Lab
- The opportunity to exchange ideas with hundreds of colleagues during receptions, coffee and refreshment breaks, and after-hours gatherings
For more information:
480-705-8200, ext. 228
We look forward to another great conference and hope you’ll join us. Please share this information with others who may want to participate.