4000 East 30th Ave
Eugene, OR 97405
Lane Community College’s Brighter Futures Project is designed to help dislocated workers acquire 21st century job skills and to assist them in obtaining jobs that require those skills. In addition, Lane’s goal is to provide dislocated workers with enhanced services so they can successfully progress through and complete their trainings, certificate programs, or degree programs.
- Provide enhanced career and job preparation and placement services to dislocated workers.
- Assist dislocated workers with basic skills so they can enter, progress, and complete career technical programs.
- Provide enhanced services at the Workforce Network, a one-stop career center on Lane’s main campus.
- Provide dislocated workers with financial support in coordination with expanded services.
- Prepare students to be effective workers in the 21st century through career pathways exploration, skill assessment, enrollment assistance, and job preparation and placement services.
- Embed the Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) into selected career technical areas of high demand, such as healthcare, clean/green technology, and manufacturing.
- Expand Oregon Pathways to Adult Basic Skills (OPABS) contextualized math, writing, and reading curriculum for selected career technical areas of high demand.
- Help students find jobs with career advising and job acquisition skills, such as job search, resume writing, and interviewing techniques, through the Workforce Network of Lane County.
- Monitor student outcomes and help students obtain jobs by developing follow-up protocols with graduates and employers.
- Leverage funds from other agencies to provide services, such as child care, transportation, housing, and academic scholarships.
- Improve services for 200 dislocated workers.
- Increase services to 50 ABE and ESL students.
- Assist 150 students in progressing through and completing certificates and degrees, including a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
- Directly assist 55 dislocated workers with financial support in coordination with other services.
- Assist 125 dislocated workers in finding jobs in high demand career technical areas.