Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources
The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) mission is to expand access to education by promoting awareness and adoption of open educational resources (OER). More than 200 colleges have joined the consortium and many more take advantage of CCCOER activities and resources.
CCCOER was launched in July 2007 bythe Foothill-De Anza Community College District, with the support of the League for Innovation. Representatives from over 20 colleges attended the first CCCOER meeting, and in the summer of 2011, CCCOER joined the Open Courseware Consortium (OCW Consortium) as an institutional associate consortium, thereby extending its reach worldwide.
Community colleges, districts, and statewide consortia may participate in the CCCOER by:
- Becoming institutional members of the Community College Consortium at the OCW Consortium;
- Encouraging faculty to review the catalogue of open textbooks (750+) and resources on the CCCOER website;
- Promoting the adoption and creation of OER on their campuses;
- Sharing their experiences with open textbooks, open courseware, and OER;
- Identifying faculty volunteers to review open textbooks and other OER for the College Open Textbook Collaborative; and
- Providing resources for faculty to develop and adopt open textbooks and other OER.
For more information, visit the CCCOER website.