- Assessments measure students' attainment of learning outcomes.
- Assessments measure the level of student success.
- There should be a connection between the way students learn the material and the way they are tested on it.
- Assessments should be varied.
- Assessments include formal and informal evaluations.
- Students should know the evaluation plan at the beginning of a course.
What would these principles look like in practice? Which do you already practice in your classroom? Which are you interested in developing further?
Do your current assessments live up to these six principles? What changes would you have to make to comply?