Innovation in the Spotlight
Join the League for Innovation in the Community College and partners, Teaching Colleges and Community (TCC) and Learning Times, for the second annual virtual Innovator Spotlight, sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This event provides community college educators with a chance to collaborate, interact, and connect with the 2011 Innovation of the Year Award winners, and with opportunities for building and sustaining their own innovative community college programs.
U.S. Under Secretary of Education Martha Kanter will make the conference keynote address in a program that includes over 35 interactive plenary sessions presented by some of the best and the brightest in community colleges.
- Find out what Century College, Loraine Valley Community College, and Miami Dade College are doing to support the success of their new and at-risk students.
- Discover how York Technical College is improving advising.
- Learn about San Diego Community College’s minority male outreach program.
- Check out a student-run, annual event at Henry Ford Community College that engages students in political and social discourse.
- Uncover how Sinclair Community College is reinforcing the competencies of adjunct faculty.
- Examine how developmental math coursework has been restructured at El Paso Community College.
Innovator Spotlight 2012 takes place on Wednesday, February 15, 2012, from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST. Participants will also journey through a virtual expo hall to visit and explore the details of all award-winning presentations.
This full-day, virtual event costs $75 for individuals, potentially making this the most cost-effective professional development experience available. Group rates and college rates are also available, and all participants will have access to session recordings for six months after the close of the online conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.