WomenTech Educators Free Webinar
The National Institute for Women in Trades, Technology, and Science (IWITTS) invites League Alliance members to participate in a free, exclusive webinar, “WomenTech Educators,” on Wednesday, April 20, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. (Pacific), 1:00 p.m. (Eastern). The webinar is free for League Alliance members, but space is limited so register early! The webinar offers a chance to learn:
· The # 1 secret to increasing the number of women in your classes;
· The top three recruitment strategies–according to the women themselves;
· Why just changing your thinking isn't enough, and what you can do about it;
· The critical thing women want to hear up front that will keep them engaged throughout your course; and
· Three simple techniques you can implement tomorrow so your female students will excel in the lab.
The webinar features proven, effective strategies for recruiting and retaining more women in technology classes. In one example, a college program with more than half its female students dropping out of computer networking now has more than 90 percent of female students completing their classes. More female students are also signing up for these classes, with female enrollment rising from 19 percent to 35 percent. Click here to learn more about the WomenTech Educators Free Webinar.