Philadelphia, a dynamic place where big city excitement meets hometown charm, awaits your arrival. Famous as the birthplace of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the cradle of liberty offers much more than cobblestone streets and historical landmarks. Cultural, culinary, artistic and ethnic treasures abound in this city and its surrounding countryside. The fifth-largest city in the country, Philadelphia is a welcoming place, a city based on freedom of expression.
New and one-of-a-kind attractions, a wealth of art and culture, renowned performing arts companies, awe-inspiring architecture, a walkable downtown, seemingly endless shopping (with no tax on clothes) and a restaurant renaissance that has caught the world's attention all promise to create an unforgettable Philadelphia experience.
And, of course, the greatest concentration of American history can be found just blocks away at Independence National Historical Park, including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.
Best of all, Philadelphia's compact downtown places all of this and so much more within a short walk or cab ride from the Pennsylvania Convention Center and any downtown hotel.
The League for Innovation has arranged for a discounted conference rate at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Making reservations outside of the room block through third parties, meeting planners, housing bureaus, or online tools impacts the League for Innovation’s ability to meet its obligations and control attendee registration costs. It also places the League for Innovation in a weaker position to contract for future destinations that will best meet the needs of our members. Please make your reservations directly with the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
The “cut-off date” for accepting reservations into the conference block is Friday, February 10, 2012. Reservation requests received after this date will be accepted at the hotel’s prevailing rate based on availability. The hotel will allow name changes without penalty.
Single/Double: $199. This special rate at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown will be offered three (3) days prior and three (3) days after the meeting dates of March 4 – March 7, 2012, subject to availability of rooms at time of reservation. There are a limited number of guestrooms available at the discounted conference rate. Be sure to book your hotel reservation by Friday, February 10, 2012. After this date the conference rate will no longer be available.
STATE AND LOCAL TAXES
The room rate is quoted exclusive of applicable state and local taxes (currently 15.2%) in effect at the time of check in.
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Any reservation canceled within forty-eight (48) hours of the arrival date, will be charged for one (1) night’s room and tax.
Please be warned that if you plan on attending the Innovations 2012 Conference, DO NOT BOOK A HOTEL ROOM when contacted by other companies such as Convention Expo Travel or Convention Housing Services. These companies are contacting conference participants directly and advising that they officially represent the conference. They have done this for other events and attendees have found they are not at the headquarters hotel or they do not have a reservation even though they gave the company credit card information. These companies are in no way affiliated with the Innovations 2012 or the League for Innovation. They are NOT the official travel agent for the event. The League for Innovation is not responsible for reservations made with these companies.
- SEPTA Rail Line: The Regional High Speed Airport Line connects Philadelphia International Airport directly to downtown Philadelphia in just 20 minutes. Other SEPTA Regional Rail Lines can shuttle you throughout the region. Please visit www.septa.org or call 215-580-7800.
- Car: The Philadelphia Marriott is just a few minutes from I-95, which runs north and south, making it about 1.5 hours from New York and 2.5 hours from Washington, D.C. Philadelphia Marriott parking fees: On-site parking, fee: 16 USD hourly, 45.6 USD daily, Valet parking, fee: 45.6 USD daily, Off-site parking, fee: 15 USD hourly, 36 USD daily, Valet parking only at $38 USD per night ($45.20 with tax). Driving Directions to the Philadelphia Marriott.
- Amtrak Rail Transportation: Amtrak operates trains from 30th Street Station with high-speed service along the Northeast Corridor and points west and south. For schedules, fares and other information, visit www.Amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Lady Liberty Transportation, provides shuttle service to and from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). The one-way fare between the airport and Center City (the central Philadelphia area) is $10/person. (Fares subject to change.) Reservations are not required for airport arrivals but are required for returning to the airport.
View additional ground transportation information between Philadelphia International Airport and the conference hotel.
- Service is available from 5:30 a.m. until midnight.
- Shuttles depart the airport approximately every 15 minutes.
- Upon arrival at the airport, and after claiming your luggage, please proceed to the Ground Transportation Counter (located in Baggage Claim) and dial #27 from the free counter telephones for Lady Liberty or register with the counter attendant.
- The ground transportation counter employees will coordinate you to your Lady Liberty Shuttle van.
- Lady Liberty Shuttles pick up outside Baggage Claim at ZONE 7.
- Call 215-724-8888 to make a reservation at least 12 hours in advance of your desired pickup time.
- Recommended pickup time is at least 2–2.5 hours before departure time for domestic flights, 3–3.5 hours before departure time for international flights.